Category Query

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  leelove 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

leelove
    Participant

I could use a little help and clarification on displaying a group of videos in a category.

I have imported my videos using video categories. I am able to insert videos and using the short codes and this all works fine. But, what appears to me to be missing is a way to query all videos in a specific category.

Inserting shortcode such as [cbc_playlist videos="4723,4724,4725,4726,4727,4728"] is fine but that seems and odd way to display videos using a plugin that supports Auto Importing. Auto Importing is useless if every time a new video is downloaded you have to manually add new shortcodes to EVERY page/category that have videos.

Every Category has an ID number so why is there not a short code with something like [cbc_playlist category="2"] ? Is there a technical reason this is not available ? It seems so obvious to me so what am I missing ?

I am sure I can do this if I import my videos into a standard post type. And from the docs it looks like I can also use a custom menu to display video categories. But doesn’t it me sense to be able to do this through a short code ?

Constantin
    Keymaster

True, the shortcode should display using category, not only post ids. I’ll put this on the to-do list, thank you for suggesting it.

leelove
    Participant

Thanks this would make your plug in almost perfect. 🙂
    Don’t forget subcategories. If a channel has a lot of videos I am finding the need to create subcategories under the main category in order to keep things organized.

This is not a Video Post specific question but do you know of a plugin that would display a thumbnail gallery using the Youtube Video Post downloads ? All the ones I see use their own links to the videos and I would like to use your video downloads.

Thanks again. Great work.

Lee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.