Chugging along, but way too slow.

Front page Forums CodeCanyon products WordPress YouTube video post plugin Chugging along, but way too slow.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Constantin 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Author

DJQuad
    Participant

I’ve been letting it run for over a month, but it still hasn’t imported all videos. Here are the stats on various dates –

12/3/2013
    Playlist ID: nextgenwalkthroughs
    Next to process: 3191 – 3200
    Imported: 3156
    Total videos: 12440

12/5/2013
    Next to process: 3811 – 3820
    Imported: 3772
    Total videos: 12444

Last post: 11/22/2013

1/3/2014
    Next to process: 1 – 10
    Imported: 4222
    Total videos: 12497

Last post: 12/24/2013

It’s set to import 10 videos every minute and I’m importing the featured images. Should I set the import to longer than 10 minutes? I originally set it to 10 so it would do its thing and after the imports were done, only import the new ones.

I’m currently limited to WP’s cron, at this point the server cron isn’t an option.

Please let me know how I can increase the efficiency. I know 12,000+ is a lot to import, but after a month I would expect better results.

Constantin
    Keymaster

If your website isn’t receiving hits every minute the import process won’t work every minute. This is one of the reasons for implementing the server cron.

On the other hand, you could use a website monitor service ( ie: http://www.internetseer.com/services/index.xtp ) that will access your website every hour or so. You might want to try this, it’s not the ideal frequency but at least it will be consistent.

More such services can be found here: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/monitor-website-up-downtime-30-free-web-services-and-tools/

DJQuad
    Participant

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay. So if the import time is a minute for example, there has to be one or more visit every minute for it to run optimally?

Constantin
    Keymaster

Yes, because WP cron is triggered when a user visits your website.

DJQuad
    Participant

I started running SiteMonitor (http://www.sitesmonitor.net) to visit the site every 2 minutes. It’s been running for about 24 hours and the numbers have not changed since.

1/10/2014
    Next to process: 1 – 10
    Imported: 4227
    Total videos: 12502

Last post: 1/9/2014

Constantin
    Keymaster

Have you put any limitations on playlists? You might need to reset the playlist, from your numbers I see that the plugin is currently importing only newly uploaded videos.

DJQuad
    Participant

It seems that way. There aren’t any limitations, and I went ahead and turned off “When finished, import only new videos” just in case.

I reset the playlist and will see how it goes. I suspect the problem may be just the sheer amount of old videos. If resetting doesn’t help is there any debugging/logging info I can provide that would help fix the problem?

DJQuad
    Participant

So far –

1/21/14
    Next to process: 4141 – 4150
    Imported: 6207
    Total videos: 12506

Last post: 1/16/14

There are 2 newer videos posted on YouTube it hasn’t imported yet, I guess it’s still working on the old ones. Some debugging info would be nice.

Bob
    Participant

Try this WordPress plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/easycron/

DJQuad
    Participant

Won’t that disable everything else that uses WP’s cron? It says to add define(‘DISABLE_WP_CRON’, true);

BTW –

1/24/14
    Next to process: 1 – 10 (why did this go back to 1 – 10?)
    Imported: 8277
    Total videos: 12510

Last post: 1/16/14 (still)

Constantin
    Keymaster

I’ll set up a test website with this playlist and see what could be going wrong, will let you know what I find out.

DJQuad
    Participant

Ok thanks so much. Here’s the latest –

1/27/14
    Next to process: 1 – 10 (why did this go back to 1 – 10?)
    Imported: 8279
    Total videos: 12511

Last post: 1/27/14 (this now is current)

The site may be switching from Avada to Enfold, but it doesn’t seem to support the plugin as it was intended.

I have quite a few clients that could benefit from the plugin, each running various themes. Generally is it best to contact the theme author about displaying the plugin correctly? I’m not a custom post expert but that seems like a viable option as well.

DJQuad
    Participant

Have you had a chance to test this yet? I really need to get this working.

Constantin
    Keymaster

Yes, I did. This is the install where all your 12,528 are imported: http://youtube.constantinb.com/
    I used the CRON import method, looks like everything works fine. Will do some more testing during the next days and see if something goes wrong.

DJQuad
    Participant

Can you please try without the external cron and import thumbnails? That would basically duplicate the problem I’m having.

Constantin
    Keymaster

Sure I can. Already done, emptied the website and running the import again, 10 videos/minute, including thumbnails. Let’s see how it goes. All this is installed on the same website.

DJQuad
    Participant

How is it going?

Constantin
    Keymaster

Ran an import with thumbnails, 10 videos/minute, the import went fine for all 12543 videos. I have to make one more test though, with the plugin stopping at a given date and not reiterate playlist set on. Will keep you posted.

DJQuad
    Participant

Sounds good. I’d be happy to provide login details if you need to diagnose it further.

DJQuad
    Participant

It’s been a month…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.