Decline to import videos with non English title/description

Front page Forums CodeCanyon products WordPress YouTube video post plugin Decline to import videos with non English title/description

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DABCC 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DABCC
    Participant

First off, I love your plugin and have been building a videos site around it! Truly awesome!

My one wish / problem is when I import videos from YouTube, I’m importing videos from my customer’s channels, I also get the foreign videos. I want the site to be English only. I’ve been pulling my hair out on how to auto delete video posts with non English text.

Any ideas ??? You can see my prototype site here : http://videos.dabcc.com and right now the top videos are in Japanese and to the English eye just looks like spam 🙁

Thanks so much for any and all help!!!!

Doug

Constantin
    Keymaster

Thank you, happy to hear you find it useful. Currently, I’m working on a plugin update to make it compatible with YouTube API 3 since API 2 will be discarded at some point into the future. I’ll also take into account your request and see what can be done to import videos having description in a certain language, thank you for the suggestion.

DABCC
    Participant

Intersting. Do you plan to have the API 3 support sooner rather than later?

Also – another request – I use the trueMag theme and you have support for where I select the category to add the video to. It would be great to have the ability to select multiple categories, not just one…

Thanks!

DB

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.