Feature Requests for the YouTube Plugin

Front page Forums CodeCanyon products WordPress YouTube video post plugin Feature Requests for the YouTube Plugin

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rockinyp 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rockinyp
    Participant

Hey! I just purchased the YouTube plugin for WordPress and love it! It saves me a lot of time!

I’m officially certified by YouTube in “audience growth” and work with a lot of creators and brands every day. This could be a great tool for many of them. I’ll gladly help spread the word!

As a guy who creates and publishes about 7 YouTube videos per week, there’s a few things that would make this plugin even more useful, in case you’re looking for a few more ideas for the plugin.

1. When it auto-imports videos from my channel, detect what YouTube playlist they’re in and publish the video to the appropriate wordpress category I’ve mapped to that playlist in the plugin’s settings.

2. If I import videos as draft mode, keep the video’s publish date even after I open the draft to modify a few things so I don’t have to re-type it. Right now the publish time in WordPress updates to the current time.

3. Add compatibility with Yoast’s Video SEO plugin. Right now it bypasses the plugin completely, which means I have to open the draft in WordPress, save the post so it detects the video, and then fill in SEO metadata.

4. Many creators on YouTube, including myself, use some default text at the end of every description on YouTube. I don’t really want that same default text being added to every WordPress post. Add the ability for me to tell the plugin, “Import text in the video’s description up until you see this line of text: _____.”

5. In the description of some of my videos I make a list of links for people to check out that are relevant to my video’s content. It would be cool if the plugin could automatically detect a list like this and automatically convert it into an unsorted list in the blog post:
    — Anchor Text – URL
    — Anchor Text – URL
    — Anchor Text – URL

6. In WordPress I have to go back and add some tags to the post. Maybe take the first X number of tags from the YouTube video and convert them into tags for the WordPress post. Or let me choose a few of the YouTube tags to use a WordPress tags.

If I have other ideas as I continue to use the plugin, I’ll reply here with them. Thanks for making this plugin awesome for us!

Constantin
    Keymaster

Thank you, happy to hear you like the plugin and find it useful and thank you for spreading the word about it, much appreciated.

For points 4 and 5, if you could direct me to one of your videos where I can see a complete description it would be great.

Please let me know.

rockinyp
    Participant

Sure, here’s one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zb2BVnbskA

The links aren’t really listed using the formatting I suggested since the anchor text is pretty long, but you’ll get the picture. If you could even convert a list like the one I’m using, that would be awesome!

Regarding #4, you can look at any video on my channel. I’d love for it to ignore this text and all text that follows it, “On Video Creators we discuss how to leverage YouTube as a social platform and use it to build an audience.” You’ll see what I mean once you look at a few of my videos.

Thanks!

Constantin
    Keymaster

Thank you for all the information, will get back to you with more news during the following days. I really appreciate your help.

rockinyp
    Participant

Sure! If it’s helpful, here’s the associated blog post for that video that shows you the end result I’m hoping to produce more automatically from using this plugin:

http://videocreators.com/advice-new-youtube-network-contract/

Another idea:

7. Detect if the YouTube video has a user-uploaded captions file (not the auto-generated one that YouTube creates) and import that into WordPress as a transcript in the post. That could help Google know better what to rank the WordPress post for in search.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.