Few problems

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  DJQuad 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)
  • Author

DJQuad
    Participant

I have “Set featured image unchecked” but it’s embedding the video on the blog page instead of showing the image. That’s why I bought the plugin.. 🙂 My goal to use the images in an Avada image slider that automatically displays images from the last 5 posts.

Is there a way to parse links in the description so they’re links?

I’m trying to import thousands of videos from 2 channels and I set them up in “Automatic import” – it seems to be importing some but they aren’t listed under All videos.

Sometimes importing videos under “Import videos” says “Site temporarily unavailable. Connection timed out – please try again.” Other times it says “Out of 50 videos, 0 were successfully imported and 50 were skipped.”

If posts are deleted will it reimport them?

Thanks

Constantin
    Keymaster

I have “Set featured image unchecked” but it’s embedding the video on the blog page instead of showing the image. That’s why I bought the plugin.. 🙂 My goal to use the images in an Avada image slider that automatically displays images from the last 5 posts.

I don’t quite understand this so I’ll try to explain how the plugin works. When you import a video you have the option to import the video image as post featured image. Those images are saved into your Media Gallery so you should be able to use them into sliders.

Is there a way to parse links in the description so they’re links?

You can use filter cbc_video_post_content that will return the post content (actually the video description from YouTube) and try to detect URL’s in it and make them links. By default, YouTube will strip all HTML from descriptions.

I’m trying to import thousands of videos from 2 channels and I set them up in “Automatic import” – it seems to be importing some but they aren’t listed under All videos.

Can you please tell me the details of the 2 channels you’re trying to import (feed type and youtube ID)?

Sometimes importing videos under “Import videos” says “Site temporarily unavailable. Connection timed out – please try again.” Other times it says “Out of 50 videos, 0 were successfully imported and 50 were skipped.”

Try to import fewer videos at once, your server probably can’t handle 50 videos at once. To do this, modify the setting in plugin Settings page.

If posts are deleted will it reimport them?

Yes.

DJQuad
    Participant

I’m seeing the images in the media library, but shouldn’t http://www2.wikigameguides.com/blog/ be showing them instead of the YouTube embed?

I see that cbc_video_post_content is a feature but I’m not sure how to use it. If it’s “Import descriptions as”, it’s set to post content.

The feed type is User uploads and the 2 channels are wikigameguides and nextgenwalkthroughs

Thanks!

DJQuad
    Participant

Also, as of now it has only imported around 450 videos. I’m seeing that the total videos between the 2 channels is around 15,000. Is there any way to speed up the import process? It’s obviously a lot at first but after the past videos are imported, the automatic import should suffice as there are anywhere from 0-5 new ones per day.

Hope to hear from you soon – I really need to get this all worked out soon 🙂

DJQuad
    Participant

3 days and no reply. BTW – Your plugin stopped working. The latest post was on the 5th. It’s now the 11th. Can I get some actual support for a plugin I paid for?

Constantin
    Keymaster

Sure, I’m here, sorry for the delay. For some reason the forum didn’t notify me of the new threads.

I’m seeing the images in the media library, but shouldn’t http://www2.wikigameguides.com/blog/ be showing them instead of the YouTube embed?

The way posts are displayed is entirely up to Avada, not the plugin. All the plugin does is to “write” the post for you, the way it is displayed isn’t controled by the plugin.

I see that cbc_video_post_content is a feature but I’m not sure how to use it. If it’s “Import descriptions as”, it’s set to post content.

cbc_video_post_content is a filter, has as params the post content (actual content retrieved from YouTube), the video details and whether the post is imported as theme post. You can use it like this:

function my_function( $post_content, $video, $theme_import ){

// process the contents of post in here

return $post_content;

}
    add_filter(‘cbc_video_post_content’, ‘my_function’, 10, 3);

Also, as of now it has only imported around 450 videos. I’m seeing that the total videos between the 2 channels is around 15,000. Is there any way to speed up the import process? It’s obviously a lot at first but after the past videos are imported, the automatic import should suffice as there are anywhere from 0-5 new ones per day.

You could set import frequency to 1 minute but if you import thumbnails too, don’t import more than 10-20 videos at once. Today or tomorrow an update that allows server cron jobs will be published, you could set a cron job on your server to run every minute, it’s more reliable than the internal WP cron that doesn’t run if you’re website doesn’t have enough traffic (ie: 1 visit every X period of time you set in Settings).

BTW – Your plugin stopped working. The latest post was on the 5th. It’s now the 11th.

This could be due to lack of traffic. Server cron could help, please wait to the update, as I said previously, today or tomorrow.

DJQuad
    Participant

How do I get http://www2.wikigameguides.com/blog to use the images that were imported?

What file do I ad the code you mentioned?

I’ll wait for the cron update. Thanks.

Constantin
    Keymaster

How do I get http://www2.wikigameguides.com/blog to use the images that were imported?

This is a theme specific question, please ask the theme author for this information. If you write a post by hand in Avada (with plugin disabled), it displays the same way in Archive, instead of the featured image it shows the video.

What file do I ad the code you mentioned?

The code should be placed in theme functions.php file.

I’ll wait for the cron update. Thanks.

Still testing it, looks promising. A few more features were added to the plugin, thank you for your patience.

DJQuad
    Participant

Oh I’ll ask Avada then, thanks for that info.

I added the code to the bottom of /wp-content/themes/Avada/functions.php but it’s not parsing the links. See http://www2.wikigameguides.com/gta-5-drive-easter-egg-grand-theft-auto-5-scorpion-crab-jacket-2

Constantin
    Keymaster

If you simply pasted the code above, it won’t work. I just outlined how you can use the filter. To make links clickable, you should parse the description, for example, you could use WP function make_clickable().

function my_function( $post_content, $video, $theme_import ){
    // process the contents of post in here
    return make_clickable( $post_content );
    }
    add_filter(‘cbc_video_post_content’, ‘my_function’, 10, 3);

DJQuad
    Participant

I don’t know where exactly to put that though – that’s the problem 🙂

Constantin
    Keymaster

Theme functions.php should do the trick, either in child or parent theme.

DJQuad
    Participant

Not working. 🙂 Any other ideas?

Constantin
    Keymaster

The clickable links will work only for videos imported after you pasted the code, already imported videos won’t have them. To make the links clickable for existing videos, you could use WP filter the_content.

DJQuad
    Participant

Way over my head 🙂

Also, how’s the cron coming along? I got an alert from CodeCanyon about an update but it seems to be the same version.

DJQuad
    Participant

I used a plugin for the links so those work now. Please let me know about the cron – there still hasn’t been any new posts since the 5th. If you can add some logging/debugging/reporting to it, all the better!

Thanks for your continued help and support.

Constantin
    Keymaster

You’re welcome. The CRON version is out now, version 1.0.7.1 is available on CodeCanyon, just got approved this morning. See Settings page, a new option is available and gives you the link to create a server CRON job. You could use wget for this (just search the web for wget cron job and you’ll get plenty of examples). Servers aren’t exactly my speciality so don’t ask me too advanced questions 🙂

DJQuad
    Participant

Does http://www2.wikigameguides.com/youtube-import-cron.png look correct?

The full path to the web root is /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/547595/866274/www2.wikigameguides.com/web/content

It’s probably a wget error? Here’s part of the output that was Emailed –

Command to be executed is: /usr/bin/php /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/547595/866274/www2.wikigameguides.com/wget http://www2.wikigameguides.com/?cbc_external_cron=true

Could not open input file: /mnt/stor10-wc2-dfw1/547595/866274/www2.wikigameguides.com/wget

DJQuad
    Participant

Also, when it says “Next automatic update scheduled in 0:57.” does that mean it’ll actually run? It doesn’t seem to.

DJQuad
    Participant

Sorry, I think it’s internally running ok, although please let me know about the wget cron error.

There are 2 user channels, wikigameguides and nextgenwalkthroughs –

According to YouTube, wikigameguides has 12,406 videos, nextgenwalkthroughs has 1,238
    According to the plugin, “Total videos” reports the same for both channels, so that’s good.

As of now, it has imported 10,159 of the wikigameguides videos and all 1,238 nextgenwalkthroughs videos.

I still haven’t seen any new videos since Nov 5th (13 days). Could that be because it’s still importing older videos (IE, 10,159 out of 12,406)? I’m not sure how the automatic import handles queries as far as old videos vs new videos. I know this is an extreme example of a site running your plugin 🙂

I went ahead and checked “When finished, import only new videos” either way just in case. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.