Manually updating plugin

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Constantin 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

monty
    Participant

I would like to know how to manually update the WP YouTube video post plugin. I started using it last year. When I discovered it no longer worked, I inserted my original purchase code into the settings. Then, there appeared an update link in the plugins admin page, but when I clicked it, I got an error message, and then the update link disappeared. So, I downloaded from Code Canyon the latest version of the plugin.

I think I must now manually update the plugin, but am worried about making a mistake that deletes all my video imports so far. How do I manually update? Do I deactivate and delete the original plugin, and upload, install, and activate the newer version? Or do I do something else?

Thank you. I just don’t want to make a fatal mistake.

Constantin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Simply overwrite the new version over the old one, you shouldn’t experience any unpleasant situation. Just to make sure though, you could back-up your installation first but 99% everything will be just fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.