License: CodeCanyon regular license
Compatible with: IE9, IE10, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome
WordPress YouTube video import is a plugin that allows you to create video posts into any WordPress blog directly from YouTube videos, complete with titles, descriptions and categories. Making a WordPress video blog from scratch has never been easier. The plugin attaches the videos to video post type automatically. By allowing bulk imports of videos from YouTube you can basically create a video blog in a matter of minutes.
See how easy it is to use this plugin
Bulk imports can be made from YouTube search queries, YouTube playlists or YouTube user playlists. If you are a video publisher and you use YouTube to host your videos, this plugin will be a life saver. But this plugin isn’t just for YouTube publishers, it can be used by anyone who wishes to display videos in WordPress. If public video posts aren’t your goal, no problem, from plugin settings you can set video posts as private (won’t display in front-end) and use them only as shortcodes in posts/pages to display the videos (single videos or playlists).
Bulk imported videos will automatically create video posts having the information set in plugins settings. For example, descriptions from YouTube can be imported as post excerpt, post description or not imported at all; same applies to post title, it can be imported by default or skipped, it’s just a matter of choice. More than that, video posts from bulk imports can be created having status draft, published or pending. Again, this is optional, you can choose the way imports are processed.
One neat feature involving bulk imports is importing of video categories from YouTube. Again, this is optional, you can choose to import videos complete with categories or not to import categories at all.
Besides import options, video player options are available. These include, among others: player size, playback volume, autoplay, player controls visibility, annotations visibility and more. Each individual video can override default player settings.
The plugin supports multiple players into the same page and YouTube’s HTML5 player so iPhone/iPad can display your videos. Also, the design is responsive and touch-enabled.
- Make video posts public: when made public, video posts will be available in front-end just like regular posts are; the alternative, non public videos won’t allow videos in front-end and they can be used only with shortcodes in posts/pages.
- Import categories: when selected, YouTube categories will be imported as video categories and imported videos will be automatically assigned to them.
- Import titles: when selected, the plugin will automatically create video post title from YouTube video title.
- Import descriptions: multiple options that allows importing of YouTube description as excerpt, description or do not import any description.
- Import status: multiple options that set bulk imported videos status to draft, pending or published.
– these settings control the display of YouTube player in your pages. They can all be overridden by individual video player settings.
- Player size: set the default player size; input aspect ratio and width and the plugin automatically calculates the height.
- Video position in post: this option controls where to display the video in video posts: above or below post content.
- Playback volume: default player volume.
- Autoplay: automatically play video after page loaded.
- Show player controls: display player controls or not (pause/play will function by clicking the video).
- Fullscreen: allow fullscreen or not.
- Controls autohide: multiple option that will hide controls on different situations.
- Player theme: multiple option (dark or light)
- Player color: multiple option (red or white)
- Hide YouTube logo on controls bar: when set, the logo will appear over the video when paused.
- Annotations: show or hide video annotations;
- Related videos: when set, after current playing video ends it will show a list or related videos.
- Video title: when set, it will display the video title on the upper side of the player.
- Keyboard controls: when set, it will disable keyboard controls on player.
- Renamed plugin to YouTube Hub.
- Modified plugin widgets initialization to happen only once due to bug triggered by third party plugins that were implementing do_action(\'widgets_init\') and were causing the initialization to happen more than once;
- Implemented optional plugin widgets caching for 5 minutes in transients to speed up widgets display;
- Solved a bug that was importing videos with closed comments and ping status under certain circumstances;
- Solved a bug that was issuing errors related to YouTube video comment count;
- Implemented filter \"cbc_allow_auto_import\" that can disable automatic imports from running. To disable automatic imports entirely and for good: add_filter( \'cbc_allow_auto_import\', \'__return_false\' );
- Plugin uses YouTube OAuth instead of Server Key when both present (future plugin version won\'t use Server Keys anymore, for now OAuth is optional);
- Solved an OAuth bug that was asking to grant permission at a given time interval instead of refreshing access automatically;
- Added option to import YouTube video tags as post tags;
- Added taxonomy \"video_tag\" for plugin post type \"video\";
- Added a new, more flexible mechanism for making WP themes compatible with the plugin. More details can be found here: https://wpythub.com/documentation/tutorials/third-party-compatibility/
- Complete rewrite of automatic import process.
- Added automatic import debug messages that can be used to log every import made by the plugin;
- Created a debug plugin that will register all automatic imports into a log for later reference;
- Modified default volume value from 30 to 100.
- Solved a widget bug that was preventing the video thumbnails from being displayed;
- Solved a rare error that was issuing notices when likes/dislikes counts were missing;
- Solved a tabs back-end error on plugin Settings page;
- Updated back-end scripts to WP 4+ jQuery version.
- Plugin compatible with WordPress 4.3 (scheduled for release on August 18th, 2015);
- Added channel title to video details array;
- modified API query URL forming from using PHP http_build_query() to WP add_query_arg();
- Added NewsTube theme compatibility;
- added filter \\\'cbc_cpt_with_front\\\' that can be used to modify \\\"with_front\\\" rewrite argument for custom post type \\\'video\\\';
- added filter \\\'cbc_taxonomy_with_front\\\' that can be used to modify \\\"with_front\\\" rewrite argument for custom post type taxonomy \\\'videos\\\';
- Video embedding by plugin is done exclusively using YouTube Iframe API (no more Flash embedding).
- Implemented 3 new actions on bulk imports (both manual and automatic) and thumbnails bulk import that allow removal of third party filters that make the import process take more time. By using this, EWW Image optimizer is prevented from optimizing images when doing bulk imports since the process takes a lot of time;
- Solved an interface bug related to the Select All checkbox when doing manual bulk imports;
- Added video publish date on manual bulk import video list;
- Implemented daily YouTube quota calculator;
- New option to display used YouTube API quota units into the plugin pages;
- New option and functionality to run automatic imports on page load instead of making a background request (useful on some installations where background requests are not allowed);
- Option to grant access to your YouTube accunt and instantly set up and import your playlists, channels or subscriptions;
- Improved plugin Settings page links and redirects to automatically open desired tab set as hash on URL;
- New admin menu plugin page that allows you to query your YouTube account and displays playlists and channels for the user authenticated by OAuth;
- New option that allows to unpublish automatic import playlists if YouTube returns error when query is made to API.
- Solves bug related to administration class ( Fatal error: Class ‘CBC_AJAX_Actions’ not found ) that may appear on some installations.
- Automatic import playlists import/export file for easy transition between installations;
- Updated to use YouTube API 3;
- New option in plugin Settings page to make regular checks for imported videos on YouTube to see if the video was removed of doesn\'t allow embedding;
- Modified manual bulk import interface for better video import management;
- More consistent, user friendly automatic import process;
- Allow video imports from YouTube channels.
- Embeds are SSL compatible.
- Solved shortcode visual interface bug that wasn’t filtering by category under certain circumstances.
- Solved bug that wasn’t importing maxres image even if the setting was on.
- Added default compatibility with ThemeForest theme BeeTube.
- Solved bug that was creating double posts on certain installations.
- New field in video details “app_control”. Usually, if this field contains any value, most likely the video isn’t public.
- New filter “ccb_allow_video_import”. Allows to prevent certain videos from importing based on different criteria at your choice.
- allow (bool)
- video (array)
- post_type (string)
- theme_import (false/array)
- New filter “cbc_video_post_status” .Allows changing the post status to anything else when importing videos.
- status (string)
- video (array)
- theme_import (false/array)
- Solves bug related to YouTube publish date importing;
- Solves bug under Automatic Update that was disrupting the loop when importing multiple playlists;
- Adds new stats functionality that saves besides rating and views the likes/dislikes number.
- New option to import thumbnails on demand (at the time they are needed to be displayed);
- New option to import YouTube thumbnail size as needed by your design;
- New option to import thumbnail maximum size if available;
- Redesigned plugin Settings page in tabs for better options management;
- Solved Yoast Video SEO compatibility bug that was preventing videos from being displayed in sitemaps;
- Modified YouTube feed from JSONC to JSON.
- Solved bug: when doing auto import as plugin custom post type, categories were not getting set.
- Solved bug: when importing as regular post show the category taxonomy instead of custom post type videos taxonomy;
- Solved bug: when doing auto import using WP Cron as regular post type and the update was triggered by refreshing one of the admin pages, the plugin menu was assigned to regular post type;
- Solved bug: when making single import as compatible WP theme post, any extra custom fields needed by the theme to display the video were not set.
- Compatible with theme TrueMag;
- Draft imports keep YouTube publish date when setting to do so is on in Settings page;
- YouTube videos can be imported as regular posts that have the same functionality as custom post type video and will follow all settings from Settings page (a good alternative to replace theme compatibility);
- New Help & Info page under plugin WP admin menu;
- New option in Settings page to import videos as regular post type;
- New option in Settings page to prevent auto embedding of videos if links to videos are found in video description;
- New option in Settings page to make all valid URLs clickable.
- Video post type taxonomy widget ( aka video categories widget );
- Custom post type archive set by default along with all supported fields (custom meta, comments, etc. );
- New Settings page option to include custom post type video on your blog homepage;
- New Settings page option to include video microdata for SEO purposes;
- Default compatibility with Yoast Video SEO plugin;
- Added action cbc_post_insert on single video import for compatibility with themes;
- Recent Videos widget can now filter by video category;
- New Settings page option to truncate descriptions on import by providing a string as a delimiter;
- New Settings page option to include custom post type video into main feed;
- Default compatibility with themes: Twenty Thirteen, Twenty Fourteen, Sahifa, Wave and Video;
- New theme compatibility class that encapsulates all functionality.
- Better error management on YouTube data API calls;
- Solves errors in case of wrong YouTube API key;
- Modified WP theme compatibility that will automatically check for parent theme compatibility in case the active theme is a child theme.
- Solved image import bug that prevented YouTube images from being imported in Media Gallery when import was made from front-end;
- New option when creating automatic import playlist to not reiterate the whole playlist every time but only once and after that import only newly added videos;
- New option in Settings page to make automatic imports by running a server CRON JOB instead of the regular WordPress CRON JOB that depends on how much traffic your website receives;
- Solved a bug that was preventing manual imports when automatic imports were running (the 2 overlapped and manual import was not importing);
- Modified theme compatibility verification to detect parent theme only for the default themes (deTube, Avada, GoodWork and SimpleMag);
- Solved bug that was not setting any author on posts when automatic import was made when an anonymous user was visiting the page.
- New option in plugin Settings to display more than 10 results per page when doing manual import;
- New option in plugin Settings to enter YouTube API key (avoids some API error in case you ran into these issues). Please note that as long as you don\'t have any problem using the plugin you can leave this field empty;
- New option for Automatic import when importing user uploads to specify a date and import only videos published after that date;
- New functionality for Automatic update that reiterates the playlist entries once reaching the finish of the playlist (this is default, no action needed from your side);
- Automatic import does not set an orderby parameter anymore so you should get freshest results always (discussed on plugin forums);
- Solved bug that was showing related videos after a video finished playing withouy taking into account if the user has actually set not to display related videos;
- Solved bug that was not saving the import category when a new import was created;
- Added WordPress style Add New button on Automatic import playlist edit;
- New action cbc_before_post_insert that runs just before creating a new video post. Useful in theme compatibility;
- New filters: (1) cbc_video_post_title - you can format the title of any newly inserted video before creating the post, (2) cbc_video_post_content - you can format the post content of any newly created video, (3) cbc_video_post_date - you can modify the publishing date of newly created videos;
- Translation for Swedish;
- Solved theme compatibility bug that was not detecting compatible theme if using child theme.
- Translations ready;
- Translation for Romanian;
- Solved bug for iframe embeds that was not passing the autoplay parameter;
- Solved theme compatibility bug that was not detecting compatible theme if theme folder was changed from default (ie. detube) to another name.
- New option in Settings page to import video image as post featured image;
- New option in Settings page to modify the slug for custom post type video and taxonomy;
- On post/custom post editing, new option in Featured Image meta panel to import the video image from YouTube (available only for posts created by the plugin);
- All videos page (for custom post type) has new bulk action: Import thumbnails. When selected it will automatically import for all selected videos the image from YouTube and set it as Featured Image;
- In automatic playlists table, new column for displaying the category videos are imported in (if set);
- Compatibility with WordPresas themes Goodwork and SimpleMag;
- Solved bug that was preventing running more than 5 playlists for automatic update;
- Solved bug that was setting incorrect video size when importing videos in themes that use embed codes.
- New option on manual and automatic bulk import to import as a different user other than the one currently logged in;
- New options under Settings page to import YouTube date of publishing as post publishing date.
- Compatibility with DeTube WordPress theme - the plugin gives the option to create videos into normal post types that are compatible with DeTube;
- Compatibility with Avada WordPress theme;
- Automatic imports from YouTube playlists and user playlists;
- Option to show videos on all pages (like archives for example) instead of only single pages;
- Improved player script for the HTML5 player to work on themes that use the HTML5 player API;
- Import single posts directly into DeTube or Avada.
- Solved bug that was preventing videos from loading on iPad/iPhone on certain ocasions;
- Updated playlist theme to better respond to responsive designs;
- Improved responsive design by resizing both width and height of player.
- Solved permalink problem that was causing video post type to lead to 404 page unless WordPress permalinks were saved again.
- Recent videos widget can display list of videos as video playlist or normal list of links.
- Categories select box under video bulk import and shortcode are hidden when no categories were created.
- New functionality that allows bulk-import into an already existing category.
Latest forum discussions
- Image Options - No Thumbnail
- Can't get the other "Automatic Imports" to import.. or any of them
- please help
- plugin not work on mobile
- Migrating to new domain/server
- Social Media under Video Post - Suggestion
- OAuth does not seems to be recorded
- YouTube annotations don't work
- Category Query
- YouTube feed is empty - API error: No longer available -